[Marble-devel] Paint in Marble

tom.grope at st.ovgu.de tom.grope at st.ovgu.de
Sun Aug 7 23:06:44 UTC 2011

Hey there,

I have my own project for the visualization of data points and I use
marble. My problem is that I want to draw circles / ellipses, whose
radius is dependent on geographical distance (meters/kilometer).
I know how to generally draw in marble - thanks to your tutorials!
However, QPainters draw-methods bases on pixlesize.

The problem is that i have no idea how to
convert a geographical size into pixlesize for using QPainters drawmethods
or
find a method that draws a circle / ellipse, whose radius corresponds
to a geographical distance. (for example the lenght of a
geodatalinestring)

I would thank for any advice or idea.

Tom