[Marble-devel] When is customPaint() called?

Bernhard Beschow bbeschow at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Aug 2 19:45:19 UTC 2011

On Mittwoch, 27. Juli 2011 12:02:49 Naman Muley wrote:
> Hey,

Hi Naman,

>       I'm new to KDE and I am working on providing a Mapped Contact List UI
> for Telepathy. I am using the Marble APIs to provide the maps UI. I wanted
> to know the exact time when the customPaint() method is called. Is it called
> as a part of the  MarbleWidget->show() method?
>       I have a MarbleWidget* as a public member of myClass. So, immediate
> after its initialization? I wanted some more information on that.

I strongly recommend to implement Marble::LayerInterface instead of subclassing MarbleWidget. That way, you can control when your code is executed. customPaint(), OTOH, is deprecated and very unflexible.

Have a look at our tutorial [1] to get started. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Have fun!

Greetings,
Bernhard

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/LayerInterface