[Marble-devel] Re: Show GPS Position in MarbleWidget

Malte Klug MalteKlug at gmx.de
Mon Apr 4 10:17:14 CEST 2011

Hello,

thank you for the fast responses. As this is not the only thing I am working on, I probably won't be able to try everything out instantly, but I try to keep up. As you pointed the site http://edu.kde.org/marble/current.php out to me, I checked it out and tried to get the basic QML examples to work in order to use the MarbleWidget later on myself. Therefore I copied the line I found under the URL above and ran it:

qmlviewer -I /usr/lib/kde4/plugins/marble/ /usr/share/marble/examples/qml/google-search/google-search.qml

Of course I used the specific paths for my system, but nevertheless I got:

module "org.kde.edu.marble" is not installed
     import org.kde.edu.marble 0.11

I checked the specified include path under "/usr/lib/kde4/plugins/marble/" to find out whether the required libs are installed. ls there returned the following:

AprsPlugin.so
GraticulePlugin.so
ProgressFloatItem.so
CompassFloatItem.so
MapScaleFloatItem.so
QNamNetworkPlugin.so
CrosshairsPlugin.so
NavigationFloatItem.so
StarsPlugin.so
GeoRendererPlugin.so
OverviewMap.so
Weather.so
GpsdPositionProviderPlugin.so
Photo.so
Wikipedia.so

Now I am not sure, whether this is complete. Could you give me a short response, whether this is correct. Also, do you have any further ideas, what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance
Malte Klug