[Marble-devel] compiling marble with Visual Studio 2008 on Windows

Ákos Maróy akos at maroy.hu
Fri Apr 1 21:41:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

Now I'm trying to compile & make marble work with MS Visual Studio 2008
on Windows. I'm following the steps described here:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/WindowsCompiling

when running cmake, it fails to recognize the qmake.exe that comes with
the current MSVC version of Qt (4.7.2). I looked at the cmake qt
detection script, and it 'determines' that qmake is 'too new'. anyway,
adding -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE=c:\qt\4.7.2\bin\qmake.exe made it use qmake
properly.

after having everything compiled with nmake, nmake install also goes
through fine. after adding c:\qt\4.7.2\bin to PATH, and copying
msvcr90d.dll into the install directory, I can start marble.exe

but it crashes on startup immediately, by simply saying:

The application was unable to start correclty (0xc00007b).
Click OK to close the application

I wonder if this would work for anyone else?

Akos