[Marble-devel] marbleui.rc and marble_part.rc not found

arnd.baecker at web.de arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Sep 14 22:06:20 CEST 2010

Hi,

for a fresh installation from current svn I get the
problem that marbleui.rc and marble_part.rc are not found:
~ $ marble
Time elapsed: 34 ms
Model: Time elapsed: 94 ms
marble(10223) KXMLGUIClient::setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file
"marble_part.rc" for component "marble_part"
marble(10223) KXMLGUIClient::setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file
"marbleui.rc" for component "marble"
marble(10223) KXMLGUIClient::setXMLFile: cannot find .rc file
"marbleui.rc" for component "marble"
marble(10223)/kdeui (kdelibs): Attempt to use QAction "show_crosshairs"
with KXMLGUIFactory!
QInotifyFileSystemWatcherEngine::addPaths: inotify_add_watch failed: No
such file or directory

The installation was done to a custom location via
   cmake    -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=$MARBLE_PATH -DDATA_INSTALL_DIR=$MARBLE_PATH ../marble
   make ; make install

The corresponding files end up in $MARBLE_PATH/marble and
$MARBLE_PATH/marble_part.
Copying the `marble` and `marble_data` directories
manually to ~/.kde/share/apps
solved the issue, however I don't think that this is the "correct
solution".

Is it necessary set some additional environment variable
(for example to make $MARBLE_PATH/marble and $MARBLE_PATH/marble_part
appear when issueing
   kde4-config --path data
)?

Thanks for any pointers,