[Marble-devel] Re: Marble Sprint (Nov. 5-7): Hotel booking

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Sat Oct 9 13:08:01 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 05 October 2010 08:12:48 Torsten Rahn wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Am Montag, 4. Oktober 2010 23:11:49 schrieb John Layt:
> > Hey Torsten,
> > 1) How to implement my much wanted Country / Timezone vector maps with
> > ability to select / highlight the Country / Timezone and all the things
> > that will make possible.
> > 2) A simple geopicker widget for using in kdelibs/kdepimlibs/kdebase
> > things like the time zone widget, holiday region widget, and locale kcm.
> > 3) Possibly sharing common code with KCalendarSystem and KHolidays for
> > astronomical calculations like sunrise/sunset, moon phase, etc.
> > 4) A geolocation api for KDE: Marble vs Plasma DataEngine vs Qt Mobility
> > vs ???
>
> All those topics sound excellent and important.
> Please get in touch with Claudia.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Torsten

All booked in and looking forward to being there :-)  Now to get on with the
homework!

I've been looking around for more up-to-date and useful country borders to
replace mwdbii and think I've find a good free one at
http://www.naturalearthdata.com/features/, but that would depend on Shapefile
support.  Something to think about anyway.

Cheers!

John.