[Marble-devel] A Routing question (TSP).

Miguel Chavez Gamboa miguel.chavez.gamboa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 19 20:45:15 CET 2010

Hi,

I know this question is not specific to marble code, but maybe some of you
can help.

Im using marble widget and routino plugin in my application to show a route
from start to finish visiting some points to pickup things.

Routing is working, but I would like that the route be the shortest possible
visiting all points once*. I insert the points to visit in no particular
order ( just starting with the start point and ending with the destination
point) to the RouteRequest. So, the route start in the start point, and
continues with the points in the inserted order, and that is not always the
shortest route.

Anyone knows if any other router implements this (or if routino does it with
some obscure option)?

One idea in which im working is get the routes to each next point to visit
from the current position to get the nearest point to go first. Im doing
this route-retrieving when the routingManager's  'routeRetrieved' signal is
fired to do the routeRequest once the previous one is retrieved, and I got
the distances for each route (from the routeRequest name, because using
routingModel distance is not always right).. but the application crashes
most times with different errors** in the middle of the multiple
routeRequests.

 So, if anyone has an idea or any comment that could help me, i would be
very grateful.

Im using marble from svn, revision 1184939.

*Like the Travelling Salesman
Problem<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Travelling_salesman_problem>,
but not returning to the start point.

**
QMutex::lock(): cv wait failure: Invalid argument
or
QMutex: mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
or
malloc(): memory corruption: 0x0b462159 *** QMutex::lock: mutex lock
failure: Invalid argument

--
Miguel Chavez Gamboa