[Marble-devel] Re: KDE Geolocation Services

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Nov 4 16:56:54 CET 2010

On Thursday, 2010-11-04, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Thursday, November 04, 2010 16:04:33 John Layt wrote:
> > Which kind-of makes the whole GConf usage moot?
>
> No, it doesn't. If that stuff is still needed for actually using it, we're
> still effectively depending on whateverlibgconfisin, and that, as Aaron
> points out would be rather unfortunate.

We don't get any additional dependency, nor do we have to track them.
It is a system service like NetworkManager, Samba, CUPS, etc. If people don't
want it, they don't install it.
If they want to use a different implementation due to personal politcal agenda
against the other implementation's choice of technology, they are free to do
so.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring