[Marble-devel] Kml Parser complexity

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Fri May 28 07:23:13 CEST 2010

Hi,

I had a quick look at it and it looks a bit easier to understand indeed. However
I'm not still fully sure I got aware of all the technical consequences. What are
the advantages / disadvantages (Speed, featureset, maintainability, etc.)?

So I suppose this would basically mean that you'd rewrite the parser? Or do you
see an opportunity of doing an incremental refactoring? What is the migration
plan? Any idea how much time it would cost and when you would do it? Would you
do it in a branch or in trunk? How would the work affect the work of the GSoC
students? :-)

So basically it would be nice to have a list of "pros" and "cons" on the
technical level as well as on the project level.