[Marble-devel] tile cutting

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Wed Jun 30 06:52:25 CEST 2010

Yes, that's one of the limits of QImageReader.
This is also the reason why Marble's own TileCreator doesn't support more.

I guess it's because Qt mostly focuses on toolkit use cases.
Given that large images become more and more common these days I suspect that
the chances rise that Qt would improve this situation in upcoming versions.

Torsten

For really huge images I recommend using Vips/Nips.