[Marble-devel] PyQt and Marble Python bindings

Simon Edwards simon at simonzone.com
Sat Jun 26 11:00:09 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 06/24/2010 05:44 PM, Yann Goudard wrote:
> Maybe it will help if you know I am compiling from Marble 0.8.0
> downloaded from http://edu.kde.org/marble/download.php .

To make a long story short, the bindings don't take QTONLY into
consideration, mainly because no one has asked for it before.

Also, normally marble is compiled as part of KDE kdeedu module. The 0.8
source on http://edu.kde.org/marble/download.php is marble pulled out of
kdeedu with changes to the build system. The python bindings have been
left out in this case.

I had a play around with the 0.8 release last night, and I don't see any
immediate reason why the bindings couldn't support QTONLY after a little
bit of effort. The API doesn't seem to use many (any?) KDE APIs.

I think your best bet is to compile kdeedu with the bindings turned on
to get some them built and working (with KDE dependencies), then try
them out and see if they fit your application. If so then let me know,
then I'll be happy to put some time into fixing up the QTONLY issues and
making it work without KDE.

cheers,

--
Simon Edwards             | KDE-NL, Guidance tools, Guarddog Firewall
simon at simonzone.com       | http://www.simonzone.com/software/