[Marble-devel] PyQt and Marble Python bindings

Yann Goudard marble at alleeduweb.eu
Wed Jun 23 12:24:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

I would like to use MarbleWidget in my Python application. I saw that
was possible on this page:
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/MarblePython . So I read Marble
documentation and some mail archives and compiled sources with:
-DEXPERIMENTAL_PYTHON_BINDINGS=TRUE and -DQTONLY=TRUE. Everything seemed
to work fine.
Following several HOW-TO, I managed to create a GUI with QtDesigner
which contains a MarbleWidget. Then I tried to create Python interface
with pyuic4 but it stopped on "Unknown Qt widget: Marble.MarbleWidget".
Where am I wrong ? After reading this thread
http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/marble-devel/2010-April/000833.html , I
don't know if it is even possible to get Python bindings.

Best regards,

Yann Goudard