[Marble-devel] Developing PlugIns for Marble

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Tue Jun 22 11:07:45 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 22 June 2010 09:06:12 Christophe Leske wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Torsten, you have been very helpful and I don't want to abuse your help

No concerns needed. ;-)

> here on this list, but is there any information somewhere on how to
> create plugins for Marble?

Just the test render plugin inside

marble/src/plugins/render/test

And

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/LayerInterface

might be useful as well (although the suggested mechanism there to update the
screen is a bit non standard).

I'll try to come up with something better for our workshop at Akademy soonish.

> I know about the sample plugins, I am not so much referring to source
> code as to a how-to in terms of compiling, preferably in QTCreator and
> for Windows.

Oh ok. Well usually you should just need the plugin directory. I haven't tried
creating "stand-alone" plugins yet. But it shouldn't be too different from in-
source plugins.