[Marble-devel] Marble with OpenStreetMap

Alexander Hungenberg alexander.hungenberg at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 12:24:15 CEST 2010

> Have you filed a bugreport about the Python bindings?

I didn't filed one yet, because I'm not sure if it's my fault ;-)
unfortunately documentation is very rare and I can't find any
precompiled package for my system (Ubuntu Lucid).
Behaviour is a quiet crash (not even printing Segmentation fault) when
calling setMapThemeId.

>> There is a property for the dgml which you can specify to achieve this.
>> Maybe we should have some API for the MarbleWidget as well to "override"
>> what is there in the dgml already.
>
> I guess I have to correct myself: There is a patch for "discrete zooming" but it
> didn't get in so far.

OK. This means that this discrete tag in the openstreetmap.dgml file
is ignored till now? Because changing it to true does not have a huge
effect. I played a bit with the maximum setting and with the value
3328 I get the most sharp image of the maximum OSM zoom level
(although it's not perfectly fine ;-) ). Moreover I'm missing some
kind of a "step" parameter, because when zooming out it's still not
nice ;-)

But thanks a lot for your information!

greetings

Alex