[Marble-devel] Overlays in the Marble Viewport

Christophe Leske info at multimedial.de
Fri Jun 4 12:44:34 CEST 2010

Am 04.06.2010 12:09, schrieb Sylvain Paré:

>     under Windows and MacOS X, and not that much under Linux...
>
> bouuuuh
> (my two cents :) )

Well,

OS-wars aside: if I could make money developing multimedia software on
MacOS X or Linux, I would do it, but there is simply no market for it.

Also, the technical hurdles are quite hight for learning and developing
on Linux in my opinion.

Say what you want about frameworks like Flash or Director, but they
abstract all the underlying technology into powerful scripting languages
which allow you to focus on the task at hand, and not how to access the
video- or soundcard.

JavaFX would be another alternative (as well as Microsoft Silverlight),
but there is simply no market for it.

This is one of the reasons why I switched to Qt.

Thanks and greets,

--
Christophe Leske
multimedial.de