[Marble-devel] Help with MarbleWidget

Sylvain Paré sylvain.pare at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 21:49:01 CEST 2010

In line answers

2010/7/27 Bryan Greenway <rbgreenway at gmail.com>

> I don’t know if these errors really matter or not.

well ............ YES! warnings means that It build. But errors means it
does NOT build neither install (here)!
So yes It does matter.
When you build something as soon as you face an error don't go any further
because it is saying to you "sorry I did not manage to do what you wanted me
to do"
So begin by solving those errors.
When I launch a command line (whatever It does) the first thing I do is to
check that It worked.
How? by looking for an error message. If so generally there is an hint to an
explanation.
This is the problem in your case :

undefined reference to `Marble::GeoDataTypes::GeoDataFolderType
even if you did not wrote this code...

 Results:

> 1)      no directory C:\Program Files\marble, as was suggested would
> appear.

not very surprising if you understood what I said. it is because the
building process did not succeed so the install one too!

> 2)      I found a marble.exe in C:\marble\build\src, but it would not run
> (complained about not be able to find libmarblewidget.dll), so I copied
> c:\marble\build\src\lib\libmarblewidget.dll into the c:\marble\build\src
> directory.  Marble still didn’t execute, but no longer complained…it would
> just flash on then disappear.

Don't try to do what the INSTALL routine is intend to do, unless you know
what you are doing.

>  3)      On http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/MarbleWindows, it says
> that “You also have to copy near your .exe the data\ and plugins\
> directories otherwise you will have no maps and no download.”, but there are
> a couple /data and /plugins directories down inside my c:\marble directory.
> I tried copying all of them into my app’s release directory (where the .exe
> is), but this didn’t seem to help.

By this I mean the installed versions of those.

So for your lock situation you have to build marble successfully and for
this I don't understand why you  did not..
Can't help more than that. Sorry.

++
Sylvain