[Marble-devel] Change Wikipedia to other languages, how ?

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Sun Jan 24 15:05:27 CET 2010

Dear Reza,

On Samstag 23 Januar 2010 18:41:17 reza at rezaervani.com wrote:
> Dear Marble-Developers,
> This is my first email to marble-devel.

Welcome to the world of Marble! ;-)

> I found wikipedia plugin in marble is so useful. But it is all in English.
> Which file should I change, if I want to integrate it to other languages
> of wikipedia, or even other mediawiki project ?

Looking at the source code it seems that currently the plugin gets
its information from MarbleLocale::languageCode(). This in turn
retrieves it via QLocale::system().name().
So in theory it should use whatever the operating system's locale is.

And indeed on my PC it's using german.

So on a Unix-like system such as Linux you can change the language for Marble by
starting Marble from the command line by launching it like this:

LC_ALL=es_ES marble

(for spanish) or

LC_ALL=fr_FR marble

(for the french translation)

We could think about introducing some setting to override this somehow.

Best Regards,

Torsten