[Marble-devel] make marblewidget kde QTONLY

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Thu Jan 7 20:03:17 CET 2010

On Thursday 17 December 2009 07:24:07 Kishore wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 Dec 2009 8:11:55 pm Torsten Rahn wrote:
> > On Tuesday 15 December 2009 14:57:40 Kishore wrote:
> > > Is is possible to make marblewidget (just the library) always QTONLY?
> >
> > Yes. It should be possible already and in fact we intend to separate the
> > library ( / Qt only version) fully in the future and move it into
> >  kdesupport.
>
> Is there any plan around this? How would the data that is now part of
>  marble be handled? It would need to go with the library. right?
>
> Is anyone already working on this? I am considering taking a shot at it.

Hi,

Sorry for the really late reply, but I was torn a bit forth and back how to
proceed on this (because we were closely before the release).

However now would be the perfect time to work on this:
KDE 4.4 is branched off, so SVN is ready for bigger changes.

We are currently in the planning for this big change and we have
started a wiki page for this purpose:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/NewMarbleMoldules

Any input welcome!

Best Regards,