[Marble-devel] Hillshading in other marble map themes

Dennis Nienhüser earthwings at gentoo.org
Wed Dec 22 22:42:01 CET 2010

Hi Colin,

I really like the hillshading layer in the Hike&Bike map and would like
to add this option to other marble map themes as well, namely the
OpenStreetMap theme and the Osmarender theme that will be available soon
via Newstuff. I'd also like to include the hike & bike map (and the
osmarender map with hillshading) in our marble-maps package distributed
on the Nokia N900.
I'd include the hillshading layer in the same way as you did with an
optional layer that defaults to off, but can be activated from the legend.

Below the line that'd mean more exposure for the hillshading layer, i.e.
more traffic for the server, but also many more happy users :-) But it'd
also mean more breakage if the URL ever goes away. Would that be ok from
your side?

Thanks,
Dennis