[Marble-devel] [Mockup] Configurable Route Profiles

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 09:12:44 CEST 2010

Hi,

> Yes, good point. I attached a slightly modified layout that uses a combobox
> to display all profiles. It still uses icons, but also text. Using a
> combobox also means that an arbitrary number of profiles can be shown.
> Adding and removing profiles could then be moved to the Marble settings
> widget (attached as well), while it's still possible to configure the
> currently available profiles directly from the routing tab.
looks good.

The "Configure" Button opens a popup over a popup - don't know if that
is a problem.
But as it's for power users only and not often used it could be ok.

>> 3. How does "Load Template..." work?
>>
> I tried to indicate that in the new mockup: A simple drop down to choose a
> predefined profile from. Once chosen, I confirmation dialog should come up,
> upon "Ok" the current profile being replaced with the template profile.
A ComboBox isn't the best widget here, as it's a one-time action and
not a permanent
selection.
I don't think it's a common use case to load a template for an
existing profile, I think
it is more common to add a new profile based on a template. So why not add the
template functionality there - I was thinking of a context-menu-like
menu that pops up
when clicking "Add".

Niko