[Marble-devel] [Mockup] Configurable Route Profiles

Niko Sams niko.sams at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 17:21:20 CEST 2010

Sorry for the late reply.

> I tried to combine both requirements -- simple UI and advanced
> configurability -- into a new mockup (see attachment). The main
> simplification is that it is not possible to configure all profiles at once,
> but only one. This should make the dialog easier to use for first-time
> users. To get that working, I changed the current "Options" inline widget to
> only let the user choose one of the configured profiles. This is another
> simplification which in my opinion is sane. The disadvantage of this
> approach is that you have a fixed number of profiles instead of a dynamic
> one. I do believe however that this won't bother most people; the number of
> profiles to use could be another setting as well.
I really like that mockup.

A few thoughts about it:
1. I would not replace the combo box with those buttons because:
- it limits the number of possible profiles (bad for power users)
- it's not always possible to have a meaningful icon
Example: Car fastest vs. Car shortest

2. There should be an "Add New Profile" button in the configure dialog
   (for power users)

3. How does "Load Template..." work?

Niko