[Marble-devel] [Mockup] Configurable Route Profiles
niko.sams at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 17:21:20 CEST 2010
Sorry for the late reply.
> I tried to combine both requirements -- simple UI and advanced
> configurability -- into a new mockup (see attachment). The main
> simplification is that it is not possible to configure all profiles at once,
> but only one. This should make the dialog easier to use for first-time
> users. To get that working, I changed the current "Options" inline widget to
> only let the user choose one of the configured profiles. This is another
> simplification which in my opinion is sane. The disadvantage of this
> approach is that you have a fixed number of profiles instead of a dynamic
> one. I do believe however that this won't bother most people; the number of
> profiles to use could be another setting as well.
I really like that mockup.
A few thoughts about it:
1. I would not replace the combo box with those buttons because:
- it limits the number of possible profiles (bad for power users)
- it's not always possible to have a meaningful icon
Example: Car fastest vs. Car shortest
2. There should be an "Add New Profile" button in the configure dialog
(for power users)
3. How does "Load Template..." work?
More information about the Marble-devel