[Marble-devel] [New User]Impressed by Marble

John Cener cener.john at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 16:10:33 CEST 2010

Heya All

I don't know whether it is the right place to write this but I couldn't stop
myself from expressing my feelings.
I have been a new fan of marble. I must admit I have been an avid user of
Marble's parallel counterpart from Google, but I have been very impressed by
Marble especially the routing feature and most of the features accompanying
it. The offline route download, the choice of routes from various servers
helps a lot to think of an alternate way-you guys have hit an bull's eye
with this, the  auto zoom feature is extremely good, I liked it's
consistency ( much better than the google's one--dunno even remember when I
saw it last ).

Just a suggestion: How about renaming the "When Required" in centering to
'center intelligently' or anything like that- it really looks cool
Honestly I used a long time back, but then I didn't find it much helpful to
me as I am a frequent traveler so routing always needed to be my first
preference (downloading map for the route has definitely saved some bucks )
I like the way of choosing the route extremely good and user friendly. It
really gives a good overview of the way we are going on.

As I see that the code is still in trunk so hoping that I would be seeing
more of it in some time.

Hopefully I haven't defied the rules of the list with this mail.
kudos++ to developers again.

Regards

John Cener
Senior IT Consultant