[Marble-devel] Review Request v2: Add "Download Region" feature

Jens-Michael Hoffmann jensmh at gmx.de
Mon Apr 26 09:26:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

Am Montag, 26. April 2010 07:48:14 schrieb Michael G. Hansen:
> Hi,
>
> thanks for the update!
welcome :)

> On 04/25/2010 11:35 PM, Jens-Michael Hoffmann wrote:
> > - DownloadRegionDialog: Review fix: show message box every time when the limit
> >    of (currently) 100000 tiles to download is exceeded.
>
> IMHO, a message displayed in the dialog would be better because when you
> handle the tile dimensions and are operating close to the limit, you may
> get a lot of message boxes, each forcing you to interact with them. When
> the message is displayed 'in-line', you can easily continue messing with
> the dialog and play with the settings until you are below the limit.
True, I haven't thought about that.

> In-line display would also allow you to display a checkbox instead which
> allows the user to override the limit, if he is that crazy ;-)
At the moment the main use case for this feature is openstreetmap and their admins
ask us to respect that limit, which we of course should do.

The proper solution could perhaps be to configure the tiles count limit in the dgml files.

Best regards,
Jens-Michael