[Marble-devel] Fwd: kde4 marbles

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Thu Apr 22 19:56:16 CEST 2010

Please CC me (annma at kde dot org) in the answer so I can reply the build
system mailing list, thanks

Anne-Marie

Subject: kde4 marbles
Date: Thursday 22 April 2010, 18:55:19
From: "lux-integ" <lux-integ at btconnect.com>
To: kde-buildsystem at kde.org

Hello to All,

I am attempting to compile kde4.4.2 on a pure 64bit (Linux-amd64) linux setup.
I have reached kdeedu-4.4.2.  cmake gives he following message.

-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
   * Experimental Python binding support for the Marble library
<http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Languages/Python>
     Experimental Python binding support for the Marble library
     Experimental Python binding support for the Marble library. To activate
it pass -DEXPERIMENTAL_PYTHON_BINDINGS=TRUE to cmake.

I have already installed pyKDE4  from kdebindings-4.4.2.  Does  the above
mean  that  if the  marble library  is required  I have to re-compile pyKDE4
with  "-DEXPERIMENTAL_PYTHON_BINDINGS=TRUE"  passed to cmake or is it another
procedure and if so what is it?

advice will be welcomed.

sincerely
lux-integ