[Marble-devel] Contributing Data

J. Holden stattosoftware at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 20:39:46 CEST 2010

Hi,

I have been creating GPL-licensed spatial data for FlightGear, the open-source flight simulator. I recently stumbled over Marble and I like it a lot, though I feel as if the program could benefit from having more datasets to paruse. For instance, the town I currently live in is not in the atlas.

I'd be quite happy to contribute my data, but a lot of it is random and not comprehensive (for instance, I have a fairly complete landuse, coastline, roads and hydrography for Oahu, Hawai'i; a lat-lon Brovey-transform LANDSAT image of St. Kitts and Nevis; and other random datasets derived from license-friendly data).

I don't know if this would make Marble better, so I'm trying to figure out what I could contribute which would improve the quality of the spatial data in the software. Any information would be appreciated,

Cheers
John Holden