[Marble-devel] Using Marble for Ground Control station of a UAV

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Mon Sep 7 12:16:20 CEST 2009

Am Samstag 05 September 2009 05:39:06 schrieb nipun batra:
> i am developing a ground control station of a UAV in pyGTK.
> Can Marble be used as a mapping tool.

The answer certainly depends on your requirements :-)

> Am i allowed to modify it's source code.

Yes, as long as you adhere to the terms of the LGPL 2+.
This e.g. includes that you provide your modifications freely
(under the terms of the LGPL2+) if somebody asks for them.
Ideally you submit all relevant changes that could be of
interest back to the Marble Team.

> How can it
>  be integrated with pyGTK?

I don't know exactly about pyGTK. But there are
Python bindings available for Marble, see:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/MarblePython

Maybe Simon Edwards (our Python binding maintainer)
can give some suggestions ...