[Marble-devel] 2D path animation in marble with KML

Torsten Rahn tackat at t-online.de
Sat Oct 10 18:08:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

Sorry for replying late.

Am Dienstag 06 Oktober 2009 12:06:28 schrieb nagaraj rs:
> Hi,
> I am newbie to marble. I would like to know is it possible to
> show 2d animation - path animation (a icon moving from one place to another
>  place) using KML or anyother in marble?

To have this supported via KML this would require us to have support for the
TimeStamp tag. We are working towards supporting that. But this will still
take a bit.

So for now you need to handle animations yourself via the C++ API. This should
be possible by drawing via GeoPainter and by updating the screen as needed.
Feel free to ask further questions if there is still something unclear.