[Marble-devel] Crashes

Anders Lund anders at alweb.dk
Sun Nov 1 14:39:16 CET 2009

Thibaut GRIDEL skrev:
> > This prevents me from finally trying to work a bit on the gpx loading
> > (or  rather, to try and see if what I do works) ...
> >

> Ah, nice! Did you have a look at recent changes in
> FileManager/PlacemarkManager and have the plan to switch gpx reading to
> geodata??

That is the plan :)

My plan is to start by finishing parsing of wayoints, then tracks, then
routes.

I have worries though - for this to make sense, it must be possible to load
all the gpx data, and as far as I can see, GeoDataFeature (and possibly other
GeoDtat* thingies) is missing some "fields" to be able to handle that (for
exampel gpx supports URLs associated with objects), and there are file
metadata which should also somehow be preserved.

> I made some points in techbase:
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/FileManagement
>
> http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/GPXStatus

Yes, I read those :)

> I also started to feed gpx data in a GeoDataDocument, to benefit from
> the rendering part already there.

My trunk code contains parsing of gpx and waypoint elements. Btw, wouldn't it
be smart to name attributes different from tags in the dictionary?

> I still have a commit pending for the gpx name attributes.

Could that be comitted?

Btw, what I plan to do in a slightly longer perspective is to to create an
application for managing and utilizing gps data, ie showing alalyzes of
tracks, editing waypoints, tracks and routes etc. This application would work
a bit like digikam, that is have a database indexing a collection of gpx
files, and adding some additional meta data for them. Marble (-widget) would
be used as a display, and if it becomes able to fully load the data and make
them accessible, i would not have to do that once more.

So by helping with gpx in marble, I hope to make that possible :)

--
www: http://www.alweb.dk
jabber: anderslund at jabber.dk