[Marble-devel] gdal2tiles<->Marble

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Tue Mar 31 11:32:31 CEST 2009

Hi Yann,

On Tuesday 31 March 2009 10:59:01 Yann Chemin wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> is gdal2tiles output compatible with Marble base data structure?
> http://www.klokan.cz/projects/gdal2tiles/

The new version seems to be available at:

http://www.maptiler.org/

Maybe it's not compatible yet in terms of file names and directory structure.
I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it yet. It mentions openstreetmap on the very
first screenshot here:

http://mac.softpedia.com/progScreenshots/MapTiler-Screenshot-52156.html

And the selection done there should work for Marble as well ... (actually all
three of them could work to some degree if the tool does what I'd expect it to
do).

I'd suggest that you try it yourself and report about the outcome :-)
I'd be curious to hear about your results. If it works (even partially) maybe
you can document how it worked for you in our Wiki:

http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble

That would be awesome.

If you hit any limitations and if you find out what we need to change in Marble
to (better) support this tool, please let us know.

Torsten