[Marble-devel] geodata-nt

Jens-Michael Hoffmann jensmh at gmx.de
Mon Mar 30 18:01:30 CEST 2009

Hi,

Am Monday 30 March 2009 15:40:14 schrieb Torsten Rahn:
> Hi,
>
> On Monday 30 March 2009 14:11:44 Jens-Michael Hoffmann wrote:
> > This was a lot of code which was merged apparently without any kind of
> > review. I think this was not a good idea.
>
> Well,
> the branch had been there way too long already and it started to suffer
> from the symptoms of eternal branches.
> Especially now that we have a stream of heavy changes at the pre-alpha
> stage I see little chance to stay up to date for a branch which has changes
> all over the library due to changes in the handling of a classes such as
> GeoDataCoordinates.
>
> So I'm in favour of a remerge that happens ASAP to avoid that Patrick has
> got to fight an exhausting battle "until everything fits".

yes, that's a valid point. My concern however is that only the worst issues
will be resolved and the rest will stay as committed as there are no
incentives to improve stuff that is already committed.

But I also think that now there is no other possibility than to deal with it.

In the future however I hope we can sort out things before a commit as large
as this one.

btw: I agree also with the rest of your mail and skip quoting it entirely.

Best Regards

Jens-Michael