[Marble-devel] QGraphicsView Overlay for marble

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Wed Mar 25 13:52:30 CET 2009

On Wednesday 25 March 2009 13:16:01 Inge Wallin wrote:
> Note that the Marble *Widget* is just a presentation device. The real work
> is in the MarbleMap. In fact, most functions in MarbleWidget are just
> releays that calls the corresponding function in MarbleMap.  The Map knows
> about the size, zoom, centerLon,Lat, etc, and if I remember correctly most
> of it is kept in a MarbleViewData or something like that.

It's the View(port)Parameters.

> As people have written in previous replies, it should be possible to use
> more than one view, i.e. Map and/or Widget for the data.  So the plugins
> should be managed per Map, and that's where the pluginmanager should be.

Well, Jmho is also looking into this topic.
It would be nice if the instances of the plugins would be shared with their
initial settings until they start to differ (kind of implicitely shared) if
that's possible.
On the other hand it would still be good if the pluginmangager would only
exist once.
Jmho is currently looking into this.