[Marble-devel] Review Request: provide nodeType information for downcasting

Andrew Manson g.real.ate at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 13:25:46 CEST 2009

On Monday 27 July 2009 11:30:46 Jens-Michael Hoffmann wrote:
> There is a risc that it will become harder and harder to maintain it.

I don't believe that there is a "Risk" that it will become harder to maintain
because IMHO this is evidence that it *is* hard to maintain already. We are
adding some really radical things to marble and getting the plan for the
future worked out but I feel that some of the actual implementations are
lagging behind that plan and won't fit directly in their current state.

This is worrying but it probably needs a large discussion sometime in the not
too distant future.

Torsten, how about that sponsored marble meeting/hack fest in the next few
months? ;) Might be what marble really needs.

--
Andrew Manson
Working for Marble Desktop Globe http://edu.kde.org/marble/