[Marble-devel] Yesterday Marble only tried to fetch tiles once

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Sat Feb 21 19:44:26 CET 2009

Hi,

On Friday 20 February 2009 22:05:12 Bastian Holst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Here comes the patch for the following Junior Job:
> > Category MEDIUM:: Currently Marble only tries to fetch tiles once. If the
>
> server doesn't reply Marble won't retry until Marble gets restarted. Find a
> solution that will reschedule the tile up to 3x in case of failure. Between
> the attempts Marble should wait 1 min. before the job gets rescheduled.
> Relevant classes for this job are
> marble/src/lib/HttpDownloadManager.{cpp;h} and
> marble/src/lib/HttpFetchFile.{cpp;h}

Great stuff, I've just tested it and it works as advertised.

Only minor nitpick:

If you add stuff to classes which are using a d-pointer already please make use
of those as well :-) See:

http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Binary_Compatibility_Issues_With_C%2B%2B#Using_a_d-
Pointer

I've committed it to trunk for now.

So what's next? The 4th Junior Job? (that one involves quite a bit more work
but would make analyzing downloads easier). :-)
Or do you feel like doing something else?