[Marble-devel] Marble geodata NT branch

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Sat Feb 14 05:21:44 CET 2009

Patrick Spendrin schrieb:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I just committed some of my code to the branch marble-geodata-nt (under
> branches/work/marble-geodata-nt). You can find a kde version of marble
> there which is used for a new geodata api.
Ok, it seems to be mostly done now.
Can you please compile & test that branch?
the test under marble/src/lib/geodata/data/tests (CopyTest) should work
and result in 20/20.
What I am not sure of is whether the parser does work as expected for
every kml tag.
Nevertheless I will fix those issues rather in trunk into which I will
merge the geodata-nt branch next weekend.

> To give some overview of the changes I want to put there:
> - The GeoData* objects should use const References to match the Qt
> coding style.
done.
> - Most of the GeoData* objects will be implicitly shared, this will
> allow us to make copying of GeoData* objects available.
done.
All GeoDataFeatures and all GeoDataGeometries are implicitly shared.
This means that if you copy such an object it will keep the same private
d pointer as long as you don't try to write to either of the objects.
Thus copying such an object can become very cheap.
This also means that QVector<GeoDataPlacemark> is usable, as copying
does not cost to much.
> - one downpoint this will bring: There will not be direct
> QVector<GeoData*> objects available as there are some design problems
> with that. Nevertheless I will of course make it as easy & convenient as
> possible.
The GeoDataMultiGeometry and GeoDataContainer (base of GeoDataFolder and
GeoDataDocument) do contain some convenience functions which we can
extend later on.

> For now, the branch might be seriously broken and marble might not work,
> I expect it to stabilize in the coming days though. (No bugreports please!)
> So if you want to see what the future will bring (especially those
> people that want to tightly integrate the marblewidget and want to base
> their development on it) you are free to build it (as the normal KDE
> way) and to read the code before you go to sleep in the evening ;-).
For those that prefer to read the documentation, I will try to document
geodata as good as possible in the coming week.

> regards,
> Patrick

regards,
Patrick