[Marble-devel] [patch] loading kml files from the command line

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Apr 29 22:17:08 CEST 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Simon [iso-8859-1] Schmeißer wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> this patch adds support to the kde-version to load (local) kml files when
> passed as a command line argument. Torsten asked me to send it here for review
> first, because it exposes that kml loading of user files is somewhat broken.
> What happens, is that the kml file will be loaded and directly afterwards be
> unloaded again, because when loading the dgml file the list of kml files is
> reseted.

This is a very nice feature!
BTW, a related one from my point of view is the loading
of files using the dbus interface,
  http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Marble/MarbleDBus
which (for me) does not work
(discussed on that page under "Things which (currently) don't work").

It would be interesting to see whether this is a bug somewhere
in dbus. Maybe it already works with a newer version ?

Best, Arnd