[Marble-devel] how to use small region openstreetmap maps?

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Sat Apr 18 07:03:01 CEST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to provide the .dgml for
  http://opentiles.com/cmarqu/
which is a "local" openstreetmap map, whose tiles
start at about zoom level 8.

When trying to do this I get the following error
"Download of maps/earth/hikebikemap/0/0/0.png failed, but trying again
soon"
which refers to this file:
"   URL http://opentiles.com/cmarqu/tiles_2009-04-17/0/0/0.png "

Is there a way to prevent marble from requesting these
not available tiles, or are these tiles absolutely necessary?
(I tried playing around with specifying minimum/maximum, but without
success).

Another interesting map would be this one:
  http://opentiles.com/nop/
However, there tiles get fetched in a different way
  http://opentiles.com/nop/get.php?l=relief&z=10&x=545&y=349
which does not fit into the current scheme of how marble downloads
data, right?

Best, Arnd