[Marble-devel] Fwd: Morphed 1689 Eastern World Map

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Sun Oct 26 15:40:20 CET 2008

Hi Andrew,

On Sunday 26 October 2008 15:11:49 Andrew Turner wrote:
> I assume you're talking about map/image warping?

Yes, however of a special kind ... ;-) Did you have a look at the example
Url's I've posted?

> You should check out Map Warper - an open source geo-rectification
> tool. It accepts any images, ground-control points, and then gives you
> back a geotiff, wms, tiles, etc.

Looks kind of web-based to me. Unless there is a command line tool with a nice
GUI hidden somewhere I fear that Map Warper isn't quite the thing we need for
the kind of Historical maps we are dealing with here (Or did I miss
something?). The maps we are using involves setting about a few hundred
markers ... (Unless one would know the projection, and would be sure that the
source map was accurate enough and have some tools and the right parameters
... yada, yada, . ;-) ) .

But I'll give it a try for the detailed moon pictures of the Apollo / lunar
probe landing sites that I want to add later on. Looks like a good choice for
that task.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Torsten