[Marble-devel] [patch] adding menu entry for sun shading options

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Fri Feb 15 07:09:48 CET 2008

On Friday 15 February 2008 01:38:16 Christian Banik wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> my name is Christian (or buschaot) and I wrote on
> http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3275 that I want to try out the Junior
> Job for adding a menu entry for sun shading options in the KDE4 version of
> Marble. Well, here it is!

Hi Christian,

Thanks a lot for your patch! Looks good!
Once Inge has tested it, your patch will go into SVN.

If you would like to continue work on Marble then I'd suggest to have a look
at the second Category EASY Junior Job which deals with storing and loading
the shading settings and is about at the same level in terms of difficulty.

To be able to access the settings that need to get saved you need to have a
look at the SunLocator class which provides some setters and getters to allow
setting the shading. To be able to load and save the settings from
QtMainWindow or marble_part you need to make the SunLocator pointer in
MarbleWidget.cpp a class member.
You then either
- need to create a method to provide access to this pointer from the outside
- or you create setters and getters to MarbleWidget which provide the ability
to set or retrieve the shading state.

Once that is done the rest should be pretty straight forward. :-)

Best Wishes,
Torsten

--
 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz