[Marble-devel] Some tutorials / articles about Marble

Torsten Rahn torsten.rahn at credativ.de
Wed Feb 13 00:22:09 CET 2008

Hi everyone,

I've blogged a bit about topics that cover how Marble works internally. It
would be nice if people could spread the word about it:

Marble's Secrets Part I: Behind the Scenes of Marble...

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3269

Part I is a Do-It-Yourself course about creating maps for Marble. We see how
Marble manages to even display features such as aerial photos or
OpenStreetMap.

Marble's Secrets Part II - Walking In The Shoes Of Slartibartfast ...

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3272

Part II shows how Marble paints the different map layers. It gets also
explained why Marble only needs very little disk space and memory for its
default map - making it an ideal choice for solutions that involve little
hardware resources (like the Asus EeePC and the OLPC).

Marble's Secrets Part III: The Earth in a Download

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3275

In Part III we look beyond Marble's offline mode: We'll get to know how Marble
fetches its data from the internet.

I plan to continue this series in about a week by publishing another three
chapters.

Have Fun,

 Torsten Rahn

 Tel.: 0 21 61 - 46 43 - 192

credativ GmbH, HRB Mönchengladbach 12080
Hohenzollernstr. 133, 41061 Mönchengladbach
Geschäftsführung: Dr. Michael Meskes, Jörg Folz