[Marble-devel] Which IDE do I have to use to open the marble project?

Patrick Spendrin ps_ml at gmx.de
Mon Dec 22 13:31:50 CET 2008

Diego Wald schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I discovered this project yesterday. I downloaded the source code from
> the svn repository, and I would like to open it in kdevelop.
>
> My question is: Do you use any specific IDE to open the project source
> code? How can I open it?
You can generate project files with cmake for multiple IDE's. As I do
not use another IDE than Vim or Kate I use the standard generator "Unix
Makefiles" on Linux and "NMake Makefiles" or "MinGW Makefiles" on
windows. You can find all generators here:
http://cmake.org/cmake/help/cmake2.6docs.html#section_Generators
They need to be specified with the option -G <generator> on the command
line.

> Thanks in advance for your response.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Diego Wald