[Marble-devel] Fwd: Marble-devel Digest, Vol 12, Issue 8

Torsten Rahn rahn at kde.org
Mon Aug 25 10:00:32 CEST 2008

On Thursday 21 August 2008 15:03:42 Shashank Singh wrote:
> Hi,

Hi,

I've made up my mind on this one:

Shashank,

I think that if a user clicks on a location he wants to have information about
the location in the first place (and is less likely to be intersted in other
places around). Additionally the main article already does reference some of
the locations returned by the geonames.org service quite often.

The service provided by geonames creates a selection of possible places
though.

So here's my suggestion:

1.) Rename the current Wikipedia Tab into: "Place"
The "Place" (formerly: "Wikipedia") tab should remain as is.

2.) Add a third tab in the Placemark info page called "Region"
The "Region" tab should then return your implementation of the geonames.org
service.

It would be nice that if the "Place" query doesn't return a result it would be
hidden automatically, so the "Region tab" would get promoted to become the
second tab.

Do you think that this sounds like a good idea?

An additional thing I'd like to see added would be the addition of Wikitravel
to Marble. Ideally we maybe would be able to add this

- either as another plugin
- or maybe as another tab in the info center
- ... or [insert your idea here]

Regards,
And thanks for this nice idea and implementation

Torsten