[Marble-devel] hardcoded libs cause failure on x86_64

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 20 23:59:09 CEST 2007

Hello there,

I suspect the libs of marble are hardcoded to /usr/lib instead of /usr/lib64/
x86_64

Here is a build log of marble on x86_64:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=111053&name=build.log

On my spec file, I've used the macro %{_libdir}.
on i386:  %{_libdir} = /usr/lib
on x86_64:  %{_libdir} = /usr/lib64

since rpmbuild is looking for the libraries on /usr/lib64. The rpmbuild
failed.

So it is a bug and libs on x86_64 should be installed at  /usr/lib64.

Secondly, /usr/lib/libmarblewidget.so.5.0.0
shouldn't it 0.4.0 instead of 5.0.0 ?

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com