Kate Editor 23.04.0-1932 crashing on macOS 12.6.5

Dharmen Panchal dharmen_panchal at int-asia.com.tw
Thu May 4 09:02:07 BST 2023

Dear Support,

I am writing to report an issue I have encountered with Kate editor on my MacBook. After updating to kate-23.04.0-1932-macos-clang-x86_64.dmg, I have been unable to bring up the application. The attached screenshot shows the error message that appears every time I try to open the application..

I have attempted to resolve the issue by uninstalling and doing a fresh install of Kate, as well as trying different versions (1927-1932), but the issue persists. Additionally, I have cleaned up all my saved sessions at "/System/Volumes/Data/Users/dharmen/Library/Application Support/kate/sessions" and the issue still remains.

I have attached the crash log collected from my MacOS for your reference. I would appreciate any further help and support in resolving this issue. Please let me know if you require any additional information from me.

Thank you for your assistance..

Best Regards,

Dharmen Panchal