fuzzy-matching in quickopen...

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Tue Sep 27 22:02:48 BST 2022

Hi Waqar,

On Dienstag, 27. September 2022 17:05:00 CEST Waqar Ahmed wrote:
> For the second screenshot, results are great for the query.
> "search.ui" is a near perfect match. Instead if you had typed "sc",
> which is much shorter, it would be most likely the first result. **For
> the Nth time, You need to leverage the fuzzy stuff**.
>
> "Prefer Open Files" and then giving a score of 1000 is just completely
> wrong. Sorry. It is not "preferring" anymore, it is brutally bringing
> up an open file even though it might be the worst possible match.
> Thats not how it is supposed to work.
>
> Btw, did you even try the MR where I tagged you?

sorry, no, I missed that. When was it ?
Can you please post the link again ?

> I think what you want is a quickopen for openfiles only. That can be
> added as a config, we can then ignore project files and just filter on
> whatever is open.

No, that is not what I want.
I know I'm repeating myself, but the old way worked great for me.
I entered a few characters, if the file was already open, it appeared at the
top, if it was not open, it appeared also, just a bit further down.

Alex