fuzzy-matching in quickopen...

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Sep 18 18:27:47 BST 2022

On Samstag, 17. September 2022 11:31:49 CEST Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Freitag, 16. September 2022 22:33:36 CEST Waqar Ahmed wrote:
> > Tab switcher / documents plugin deal with already open files.
>
> What's the tab switcher ? Maybe that's a feature I'm not aware of.

Or you are using intuitively. Unless I'm mistaken that's what reacts on
Ctrl+Tab.

If I remember correctly, then PyCharm allows quick search in the Tab switcher,
i.e. you'd press Ctrl+Tab to get the list of opened files and then, instead of
looking for the file you want to switch for in the long list of files, you
simply type a few letters to quickly find the file you want to switch to. For me
that was the convenience feature I missed most when I started to use KDevelop.

BTW, PyCharm remembered the order of the files in the Tab switcher. This way
the files I worked on in the previous session were all at the top on the next
start. In KDevelop it feels as if the most recently used files are at the end
of the list on the next start of KDevelop.

Regards,
Ingo