fuzzy-matching in quickopen...

Waqar Ahmed waqar.17a at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 21:33:36 BST 2022

> Are you sure this is a better behaviour ?

It doesn't matter. With a single letter one cannot really get very far and
can't really do much scoring. So I wouldn't waste time on thinking about
the single typed letter case.

> which ? I thought that's what quickopen is for, really. At least it was
until
a year ago.

No, that is not what it is for. If it were, it wouldn't even list other
files at all. Quickopen is for opening files in your project + any already
open files (which may or may not be in the project)

And quickopen is two years old by now. It was already there when you were
making those search/replace patches.

Tab switcher / documents plugin deal with already open files.

You can try increasing the score of already open files. Maybe it will make
it better, maybe not. Right now only one point is added, which is probably
too low. Maybe there is a better way to add this score so that files that
are a good match + open are ranked better.