fuzzy-matching in quickopen...

Waqar Ahmed waqar.17a at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 15:25:15 BST 2022

1. After filtering, why should open files always end up at top? This
is not an "already open files quickopen". If the filter matches
something else better that will end up at top. There might be cases
where an openfile is a better match, perhaps there is a way to improve
that without biasing 100% in favour of open files.

2. Match in sequence will take precedence once you have typed 4 or
more letters. With 3 or less letters, we can't be sure if that is a
sequence or an abbreviation. e.g., ftv will prefer "FilesTreeView"
over "abcftv.js"

3. That is correct and working as expected.

Quickopen is not meant to filter already open files. For that, you
have other plugins that can do the job.

If you have a concrete case where X is a better match, discussing that
would be better.