Filtering also matches the filenames...

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Mon Mar 7 18:29:51 GMT 2022

Hi,

the filtering currently also matches the filenames, and that using their full
path.
This leads to strange behaviour.
I typed "x" in the filter, and everything was still visible, although there
was no "x" anywhere.
I found that the filter "x" matched them all because they were all in some
subdir of my home directory "/home/alex/", which contains an "x".
In my local copy I changed it so that fileToPlainText() removes the base
directory from the filtering, so that only that part of the filename is
matched that is also displayed in the results.

But that still is strange. If I now enter something that occurs in all found
filenames, but not in any actual match, the results list now tells me
"0 matched (0 checked)" but still displays all search results and all of them
are checked.

How about applying the filtering only to the actual contents of the files, and
ignore the filenames completely ?

Alex