accumulating projects in kate lead to excessive kate startup time due to git

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jun 20 21:59:04 BST 2022

On Monday, 20 June 2022 13:39:15 PDT Milian Wolff wrote:
> What do I need to do to convince you to persue this patch further and bring
> vfork to QProcess? :) I'm pretty sure that this would help to reduce the
> pain of QProcess already to such a large degree that I would not look
> further into posix_spawn or other tricks like aspawn [1] which seems to be
> doing clone with CLONE_VM.

You've just convinced me. I only need to clean up, add a few more comments,
and the documentation. Oh, and test on FreeBSD, which is the other platform
that has something similar to Linux's pidfd (pdfork).

As mentioned in the previous email, this will go into Qt 6.4 and is not a
candidate for backporting.