Symbol Viewer vs LSP client

Christoph Cullmann (cullmann.io) christoph at cullmann.io
Fri Jun 10 09:50:07 BST 2022

On 2022-06-10 10:17, Alain Laporte wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Symbol Viewer and LSP Client do the same jobs. And LSP Client does a
> lot more. What do you think if Symbol Viewer will be dedicated only to
> non language documents like XML. And LSP Client dedicated to
> programming language?

Hi,

I guess that depends on the use case.

Not all people have working LSP server setups and on e.g. Windows
it is a lot harder to have such a thing running.

On the other side the symbols stuff works there, too.

I would naturally would focus the effort on improving the LSP
experience and perhaps it makes sense to focus the symbol viewer
focus only on languages no real LSP things are around.